• Studied millinery and fashion accessory design at London College of Fashion 2018, Hat Academy certification 2017
• 2019 Recipient of Victor Thomas Jacoby award
• Shown in London Hat Week, 2018, 2019, 2020
• Runway show at the Shard London, March 2020
• Shown in Ireland, 2018
• Shown in Melbourne International Millinery Competition, 2019, 2020
• Contributing tutorial and blog writer for HaTalk Magazine 2019-
• Professional member of the Millinery Association of Australia
• Professional member and Treasurer of the Milliner’s Guild USA
• Owner of millinery supply business Humboldt Haberdashery
Amy Fowler pursued hat making as a hobby until 2016, when she left her career in operations and e-commerce to pursue millinery full-time. She completed an online millinery certification course with Hat Academy in 2017 and the Millinery Intensive summer course at London College of Fashion in 2018 and was awarded the Victor Thomas Jacoby Artist Grant in 2019.
Amy’s bespoke millinery is sold under the brand Millinery by Amy Fowler. All designs are 100% handmade by Amy and are one of a kind. Her style is artistic yet wearable, with emphasis on sculptural design. She enjoys developing new approaches to traditional and contemporary materials.
A love of millinery and desire to expand her skills and studio were the driving forces behind Amy starting her own millinery supplies business, Humboldt Haberdashery, in 2014. Her mission is to provide an environment to encourage the development of all levels of skill, while providing convenient, relatable access to knowledge and materials. Humboldt Haberdashery carries an ever-growing range of blocking materials, veiling, feathers, and trims, as well as pre-made hat bases of varying styles and materials.
Amy lives in McKinleyville, California, five hours north of San Francisco in Humboldt County, by the Pacific Ocean and Redwood forests.